Sunday, November 21, 2010

"I Am Broken!"

Therefore, it is not I that live, but Christ who Lives in me! I can not fix myself, that is for sure; in fact, I don't even think that I can be fixed; but God!!! (I really like saying that!) But God, who created the heavens and the earth, and who created every fiber of my being, has a much better plan than fixing this broken vessel; He has made me New! You see, that which I feel I should be doing, like trembling for the lost, is not really in me to do; but that which is in me that wants to do that, is of God. It is "the Love of Christ" that constrains me; which means that it is His Love in me that compels me to do what I otherwise would not do. It also means that it is the Love of Christ that has made me a prisoner of His ways, or, to put it another way: because He occupies my heart, I am bound to Him and to the things of Him. Or, to put it the way Paul did: Because we were dead, but now alive, then we should be living for the One who gave us Life, and not unto ourselves. Now then; because I have this revealed in me, I have a new sense of 'trembling' which is not of fear, but of rejoicing; which is actually the 'trembling' that David was speaking of in Psalm 2:11, "Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling." To understand the 'rejoice with trembling' that is being said, we must first realize the 'serve the Lord with fear' part; for the word 'fear' is meant to be the expression of 'awe and wonder', reverence, abject terror; and if one truly recognizes God as all-powerful, this will be reflected in his attitude and daily life in the form of reverence. Then, as we realize His awesome power, and understand how much that He loves us; realizing that fate which we have been delivered from, and His abounding Mercy; knowing the weakness of our flesh, yet the awesomeness of His Grace; we can not help but tremble inside as we rejoice in what He has done! I can not look upon myself for the example of doing good, no more than I can look upon anyone else, except Jesus; and yet, Jesus was crucified as a man, who did nothing wrong; but died upon that cross for the wrongs of the world. And on the third day, the man that was crucified for our sin, rose from the grave; giving Life to those that were dead, and New Life to broken vessels... "Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we Him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to Himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given unto us the ministry of reconciliation;" (2 Corinthians 5:16-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment