Saturday, November 20, 2010

"The Terror Of The Lord" - Trembling!

"Serve the Lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and ye perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little: Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him." (Psalm 2:11 & 12) Considering all that I have said thus far, I have to admit to you that I have been found wanting. I do not say that lightly, because Knowing what the Lord has shown me, has given me a chance to take a really good look at myself, and frankly, I do not like what I see. That being said, I have also come to realize that it is not me that I should be looking at for something that is worthy of praise; but Jesus Christ is my righteousness; Him, and Him alone! As Paul continues in this description of 'the terror of the Lord', he stops short of saying that some may think us (believers) crazy. I can see how that could be thought, because I use to think it also of those that called themselves Christians. In fact, as I shared before, I would think that they were lost, being trapped within the 'institution of religion'. But then I found Jesus, and I could see the real craziness was to be living without Him! Walking dead: that is what is I see in those that do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ; how crazy is that? And yet, I have an answer for their situation; and if I ignore their plight; carrying on, as if they do not matter; then what? 'Trembling' is a word that describes what I feel like when I think about it; I feel like I should be trembling at the thought of it; and yet, for some reason I do not; why? As I thought about that this morning, I wondered if I could be hardened by the culture in which I was raised; abortions given for pure convenience; violent murders depicted in movies; and many more things which take away from the sanctity of human life. But as I thought further, I realized that things have not really changed from back in history; women that would sacrifice their children to molten gods; spectators watching as their fellowman were eaten by lions; the list could go on, but I think you get my point. In other words, I have no excuse for a heart that is hard; it is hard for one reason and one reason only: selfishness... "For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause. For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: and that He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him which died for them, and rose again." (2 Corinthians 5:13-15)

No comments:

Post a Comment