Friday, November 26, 2010

"Accepting The Very Best"

Sometimes I have to wonder: What is the Very Best for my life? I was going to title this blog 'Expectations', but the funny thing is, I think we are always expecting something; at least I know that I am. If you don't know what I mean by that, it simply means that we are always in the role of an expectant mother; waiting for God to birth something out of us. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think so. In fact, I actually think that it is part of being a child of God, because we know how much He loves us, we know also that He will not leave us unattended, and without the protection of His mighty hand; but we also know that He will not neglect us either; which means that He will not fail to raise us up, as His children. Much like the experience of natural child birth, there is pain involved in the birthing process; but the results are life giving. But also, much like the birthing process, there is that expectation of what that life given will look like; and this is where we must prepare ourselves for bending. In other words; we are not the ones who are in control, so we are not the ones who always get what we want; but we do (believe it or not), always get what we need. There is something else which comes with 'expecting', and it is called 'Trust'. Do I really trust that God is doing this for my very best? Is it even possible to try and figure that out? Well, I think I can honestly answer 'No' to both of those questions! Do you know why the first answer gets a 'No'? The answer to that is easy: Because the second question was even asked; that's why! I can not honestly say that I am trusting God, and then try and figure out what He is doing. But that is what we naturally do; it is in our nature to set up plans within our hearts and minds based upon what we think God is going to do. However, this is the challenge that is set before us: that we would always be expectant, but always bending; that we would be willing to receive the worst, but always expecting the very best; that we would accept what God has set before us, and know, with the trust of a child, that He is our Loving Father, and everything we must go through, whatever, and however terrible it may appear to be, is for our very best! "Giving no offence in any thing, that the ministry be not blamed: But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, in strips, in imprisonments, in tumlts, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; by pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned, by the Word of Truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left, by honour and dishonour, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true; as unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and behold we live; as chastened, and not killed; as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing all things." (2 Corinthians 6:3-10) (Question: Did he leave anything out? Is what you are going through not somewhere in that list?)

No comments:

Post a Comment