Friday, November 12, 2010

"Not Of Us"

"For God, who commanded the Light to shine out of the darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the Light of the Knowledge of the Glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." (2 Corinthians 4:6) If you thought you were something of a force to be reckoned with, think again. It really comes down to this very simple fact: we can do nothing outside of Jesus Christ! Now why do you think that is? (Are you thinking?) Maybe you just want me to finish my thought so you don't have to think about it! (I wish right now that I could have that option...) The heart is desperately wicked, who can know it... This is our inheritance of the flesh, and we can not change that! It is what we are without Jesus Christ, and it is what we are when we are in the flesh; darkness is the place where we dwell outside of Jesus Christ. (My heart really is not in this today, but I will try and carry on.) I was trying to think of a good reason why we sin against each other the way that we do, and as I was asking God for answers, one word came into my mind, 'adultery'. As I stepped back for a moment and thought of that, looking at my own life, I could see how that might be more true than we realize. I think what the Lord was saying, is that, we are fulfilling the desires of the flesh at the expense of others! This is also true for how we treat the Lord, as sad as that might sound. You might be wondering right now how that can be so? Well, are you? Let me just say that the most priceless thing that ever has been given, ever, was the gift of God's Son. That was an expense of God, given to us; and when we commit sin, willfully sinning against God, then we are fulfilling the desires of our flesh at the expense of God; or to put it more plainly, we are committing adultery against the One who loves us, and gave Himself for us! Now then, let me ask you again: Why do you think it is that we can do nothing outside of Jesus Christ? (I really can't wait to go Home!) "But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us." (2 Corinthians 4:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment