Sunday, November 28, 2010

"Trusting In God - Always!" part 2

Maybe you don't see the connection between trusting in God and being unequally yoked? Maybe, the real problem might be that you may know what it means to be unequally yoked? As I thought about this for most of the day yesterday, I kept wondering, how much of something that is not of God makes us unequally yoked. Because, the meaning of the term is not just limited to marriage, or living with a nonbeliever; no, it really goes quite further than that. It can also be what we yoke our hearts to in place of our relationship with God; which, if you think about that, can count for a whole lot of stuff. This is what I need to remember (for myself), that when I find myself not trusting God, in any situation, I must ask myself: What have I yoked myself to that has drawn me away from God? It is quite simple really; if I am not trusting God, it is not because He has moved, but because I have moved away from Him; and if I have moved away from Him, it is because I have put something else between Him and I. Remember what we are talking about here; we are talking about people reading are lives, never giving up, and the fact that we have a job to do; in other words, we are here for a reason besides just ourselves. Knowing this, we must conduct ourselves as ambassadors of Jesus Christ; which means that we must trust God in order to properly represent Jesus; because Jesus Christ trusted the Father, so too, we must also trust Him. Yet, it is the things which are contrary to God which pull our hearts away from a close relationship with Him, and thus can cause doubt in our hearts; doubt which is not only based in who He is, but who we are in Him. It really matters to our standing with God, on where we are standing! To really be a child of God, which comes with it the pleasure of knowing you are His son or daughter, you must live like a child of God; and to put it as simple as I possibly can: We can not live like a child of God if we are yoked to something that is not of Him! "And what concord hath Christ with Belial ? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel ? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols ? For ye are the temple of the Living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them, and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, and will be a Father to you, and ye shall be My sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty." (2 Corinthians 6:15-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment