Thursday, November 4, 2010

"The Daily Choice" - 2

Maybe you might be thinking that I have contradicted myself, because I had said previously that the Word of God gives us power over the flesh; but I still hold to this belief; and in fact, I will be more than happy to reemphasize that fact. I was praying for a simple analogy this morning at about 3:40am, and I think the Lord gave me one. It goes something like this: the new life that we have in Christ is like a beautiful new Harley (a Fat Boy would work just fine), the Holy Spirit is what powers this beautiful machine down the road, and God's Love is the ride. It is the Love of God that makes the journey, the reason, and the pleasure of Knowing His Love a fundamental part of why we obey; which basically means that we obey because it feels good! Oh yes it does!!! There is nothing that feels better than the Love of God, and the easiest way to experience His love is to be as close to Him as possible; which requires an obedient heart! So, as to the Word of God having power over the flesh, it is essential for this to happen that we first be obedient to what we know we must do, or not do in any situation; which is precisely what the Holy Spirit will instruct us in. You might think that I am talking in circles, and you are right, because it is a circle, a 'Circle of Love'... "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the High Calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14)

No comments:

Post a Comment