Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"Life, Light and Liberty"

"In Him was Life; and the life was the Light of men. And the Light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not." (John 1:4 & 5) We need to know something about the 'Life' that was in Jesus, and what kind of power we are talking about as we talk about the Light of men. As Jesus walked among us, He was every bit God, and yet, He also was every bit man. This was established by the seed of God being placed in the egg within Mary's womb; which meant that the process of His birth was no different from you and me; it just had a 'Godly beginning'; in other words, 'it just was'. So also is the 'New Life' that we have in Him; there is a 'Godly beginning' that takes place within us, which is referred to as 'New Birth'; and this supernatural new birth that happens, is very much like that seed and egg merger which took place in Mary, only on a much larger scale. Okay; now, this Life that Jesus brought into the world, as He came in the flesh, was the same Life that is established when we are Born Again; in other words, the New Life that we have in Christ is based upon the Life that He establishes within us. Now, I really don't know where I am going with this, but I feel that God is trying to show me something which relates with that 'floating axehead' which I shared on before. There is a very definite connection between the Tree of Life in the Garden of Eden, the Cross on which Jesus was crucified, and the Tree of Life which is seen in Heaven; I really believe that the Life which was in Christ Jesus, has a very significant relation to both these Trees of Life, and the tree on which He died for our sins. There is something about the 'Cross' on which our Lord and Saviour was crucified, which because He was placed upon it, gave life to the dead wood which made up the members of that 'Tree'. I don't quite know what it is yet, but God is faithful, and I believe that He will reveal it to me in due time. In the mean time, I believe that we must first settle our hearts upon the Life which is manifested within us from our 'New Birth', and know that it is not our life that is going to make a difference, but His; because we are kind of like dead wood, I guess? Anyways? "But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a New Creature. And as many as walk according to this rule, Peace be on them, and Mercy, and upon the Israel of God (all of us). From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus. Brethren, the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen" (Galatians 6:14-18)

No comments:

Post a Comment