Thursday, April 1, 2010

ISAIAH 55:5 - "Trees Of Righteousness"

"To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called Trees of righteousness, The Planting of the Lord, that He might be glorified". (Isaiah 61:3) When you have a life that is truly converted for the Kingdom of God, you have a Living Miracle. These are what 'Divine Appointments' are all about! You do not know who they are, or where they will be, or when you will meet them; God does; He has predestined them to happen. I do not know how this works, nor do I want to even try and figure it out; that would be a waste of time. We can not figure God out; we must however believe that He is in control, and walk accordingly. I believe that my life was one of these Divine Appointments, and more and more, everyday, I believe that God is not finished with me yet. When I look back on my life so far, over the last 30 years, it is hard to see anything great that I have done for God. Oh, I've witnessed to people off and on, from the very first day; but as far as having one of those Billy Graham experiences, well that has not happened yet; but let me tell you something: some of the visions that God has been giving me lately; things that He could do in me and through me; the Word He has given me in my heart for marriage; the testimony He has given in my life; when I think about what God can do: OMG! All things work for the good: All Means All; that is the True meaning of "Beauty for Ashes". You might have stuff in your life, or even periods of total darkness; times that you would consider burnt up and wasted in service to yourself and the flesh; but God can use even those ashes to the beauty of your testimony, for His Glory; God can use it for good! As for whether or not I have thus far had any great impact on the Kingdom of God, I do not know the extent of that; and I will not know if any, or how much till I get to Heaven. But what I do know for a fact, is that in September of 1981, as I laid on my bunk in that L.A. County Jail Facility, with no intention what soever on going to church; that there was a call upon my life. I can not recall ever hearing that very elderly Chaplin announce a church service over the facility intercom before or after that day; but I heard it then; that was because God Appointed it. I do not know if the Preacher that came that day had a special message he prepared for that Sunday, or if it was a canned message that he shared everywhere he went; but I do know that it was the one I was meant to hear; God Appointed it. I do not know to what extent God has used my life thus far; a little planting of seeds here, a little there; watering some plants here and there; it is all done for His Kingdom and for His Glory. I do know one thing for sure: I woke up this morning, and I am still here, so that means God is not done with me yet! "Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee, because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for He hath glorified thee." Oh, Father God; as we continue in this Word, I pray that You would cause Your Perfect Will to be brought about in our lives, and that You would establish it in us; for such a time as this; that we would be vessels found worthy for You to use to the furtherance of Your Kingdom. In the Name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ; Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment