Monday, April 26, 2010

ISAIAH 55:8 - "AMAZED"

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that you should not obey the Truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?" (Galatians 3:1) Now, let's touch a little on the Spiritual side of this One, 'Way'. There are three venues that the Holy Spirit will use for expression: He will express Jesus within us, as He shows Him to us through the Word and through prayer; He will express Jesus through us, as we share Jesus with the world in and through our daily lives; And He will express Jesus in the church, as we come together in the body of Christ, to corporately fellowship and worship. All of these expressions have One thing in common: 'Jesus!'... So, if there is any expression by a spirit that is not giving glory to Jesus, then it is most likely not the Holy Spirit. This is the main danger in getting caught up in a movement that is directed toward the moving of the Spirit; which unfortunately, many people and churches do. Why would this be dangerous? Isn't the Holy Spirit God, and are we not to be following the Spirit? First off, we must realize that the Holy Spirit moves. He moves in us, through us, and around us. He also dwells within us, and has been in us since the day the we received Christ into our hearts. But, and I mean butt, (for those in Shasta Lake, the means what you sit on), we need to be seated in Christ. In other words, although the Holy Spirit is moving all around us, we are not to be following Him; He is doing a work in us, through us, and around us. We can not take a chance to get caught up in some movement that is sweeping through the church; unless of course that movement is giving glory to Jesus. Instead, we must stay grounded in His Word, because His Word does not move; His Word is the 'Rock' on which we must not move off of, no matter how spectacular the spiritual movement may appear. If whatever is sweeping through the church does not give Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ, pay it no mind, (that means do not even let your mind spend time thinking about it); or else you may get bitten. You might be saying to yourself, 'Hey, this sounds like some kind of a Jesus only doctrine!'; No! This is a 'Jesus only is the Way' doctrine! Remember in John 4, as Jesus was speaking to the woman at the well about Truth; in verse 23 & 24 He says the following: "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth." Okay then, which spirit was Jesus talking about? Because, if you remember what I shared earlier, we are spirit also; our eternal soul, is, in and of itself a spiritual being. So then, if we are to be worshipping the Father in spirit, how are we to be worshipping the Father? I really do not mean to make this that complex; because really, it is not that difficult to see. I remember when I first got saved; in fact I think it was just a few weeks after. I made a crossword puzzle for me and those that I wanted to share with to do. All the empty squares spelt Jesus, and all the questions to fill in the other squares, were things from the Old and New Testaments that pointed to Jesus. I was quite proud of this word puzzle, and it took me several days to do; but the reason I felt called to do it, was that for most of my life I was shown another Jesus. The Jesus that I knew before, was not God, but rather a man that had been created a little more in line with angels; and in fact, I was taught that at one time He was an angel. But, after I saw who Jesus really was, is, and always has been, I had to declare it to not only the world, but myself; over and over and over. Why? Because the world will tell you different! In almost every way that it can, the world will minimise the power and the glory of the Gospel message. You must hold this thought so deep in your heart, that nothing can pull it out: Jesus is God!!! There are so many forces around us that want to destroy this fact; but in the end, "Every Knee Shall Bow"! I hope I did not get to carried away today; but this is very critical to what I believe is so wrong with the churches today. Many churches and believers have slipped away from following Jesus, and are instead caught up in something else; something that is not giving glory to the One and Only True and Living God. We need to get back to the Beginning! "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that you have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I please men, I should not be the servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:8-10)

No comments:

Post a Comment