Monday, May 25, 2020

"The Structure"

"The Preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth." (Ecclesiastes 12:10)

  The way this Book, S.O.S., is broken up in my Bible, it has Six Songs; the first of which is from Verse 1:2 through Verse 2:7. The New Living Translation has it broken up by those that are doing to speaking, of three characters: Young Woman, Young Women of Jerusalem, and Young Man.    
  Regardless of the structure, the text remains the same, and should be studied the same: "For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little." (Isaiah 28:10) In other words, whatever you take away from any part of this, regardless of what your meaning or interpretation might be, it must line up with Scripture; God does not and will not contradict Himself, He does not change, and He will not be wrong!
  That said, there are so many different kinds a situations and issues that certain Scripture can be used for, as long as the meaning fits and does not get used out of context. People will still do it, and they always have; even the devil, who Jesus referred to as the father of lies, has used Scripture to his advantage to deceive and trick people into believing a lie; some of which are people that have been strong and wise, as we shall soon see.
  Again, I must take this opportunity to remind myself, as well as anyone following this blog: this is meant to be a Living Journal; something that I am trying to write to myself, and at the same time, putting what is written, in real time, out there for anyone to see. It has it's good days and bad, much like is to be expected; but for the most part, I believe it has ministered to me and given me a certain structure in my commitment to meet with the Lord every single day.
  If the was one thing I remember about that little book, "My Heart, Christ's Home," was how the Lord was waiting every morning by the fire to have fellowship, and yet, some mornings He would be left there sitting all alone. I do not want to miss a single morning or a single chance to hear His voice. No matter what it is that I might make of it, I must continue to want to learn!
  I pray that anyone who might be following this has the same thing in mind; not that there is anything groundbreaking that is excepted, but sometimes learning involves remembering, and remembering causes use to pay attention; and when we pay attention, we actually can hear! There is a sharp contrast between the way the devil communicates and the way God does: the devil will use our eyes, but God will use our ears...

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." (Romans 10:17)

No comments:

Post a Comment