Thursday, May 21, 2020

"A Little Caution"

"He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him." (Proverbs 18:13)

  Yes, it needs to be considered: we should never begin anything with a predetermined outcome or pretend that we have anything figured out. As Solomon says, "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13) That is not just a good rule for life, for judging anything or anyone; but it is very important that we practice this rule every time we begin to study or explore the Scriptures.
  As I have previously said, I have never studied this Book before; so I surely cannot make any kind of logical assessment of what might coming out of this, except to be humble and willing to listen to whole counsel of God! If there is one thing that must be remembered, God's word will not have any contradictions; unlike some might believe, God does not change His mind or learn a new way of doing anything: He does not change!
  We, on the other hand, change as often as we want or feel like changing. One moment we can be sure as anything we are saved, and the next, we can feel like we are on the highway to hell. I heard the Graduated Dr. Chuck yesterday, as he was explaining what it means to be assured that we are saved. It really comes down to faith; not faith in ourselves, because that will never provide any sort of security; but faith in the finished work of Jesus! As Chuck put it, 'If there was a sin that we could commit now that would destroy our salvation, then we were never really saved to begin with; we cannot undo our salvation.' (Not a quote!)
  I know there is always going to be some disagreement on this matter; but when it comes to what we believe personally, this matter needs to be made assured! You cannot doubt this is true; and if you do, you need to make every effort that you can to erase all doubt! As a matter of fact, this is one of the key parts to "The Armor of God" that Paul speaks about in Ephesians 6; that together with the Sword of the Spirit, the Helmet of Salvation is used to protect our mind from the doubt that will come: without a doubt, it will come! If it could happen to the strongest saint, it can surely happen to you and me...

""My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one."" (John 10:27-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment