Saturday, May 30, 2020

"More Than Words"

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine." (S.O.S 1:2)

  Sometimes it takes something more than just a word to change the human heart. It is a shame that is the way it is, but, it just is what it is. I can't help but think of Cain, as he listened to God's words about what he must do to control his anger; anger that was brought on by his feeling of unhappiness, which was the result of rejection; rejection that was the result from doing that which was wrong. God's words to Cain were: "Why are you so angry? Why do you look so dejected? You will be accepted if you do what is right. But if you refuse to do what is right, then watch out! Sin is crouching at the door, eager to control you. But you must subdue it and be its master." (Genesis 4:6-7 NLT)
  Pretty reasonable words of wisdom, that should be easy to understand; that is if someone wanted to listen to what God had to say. However, Cain was not interested, because Cain had become let himself have a hostile attitude towards God; his brother Able had become collateral damage. Strange as it might sound, but true: like that old adage about kicking the cat. You can't take on the boss, so you take out your frustrations on your co-worker; or in Cain's case, your brother!
  If you most know, this is something more than words; this is about the heart that wants to feel loved. For what it's worth, you could almost flip these two thoughts around, to make better sense of what it is that I am getting at. As I said in the beginning, prior to accepting Jesus into my heart, my reading the Bible was more about something else other than being spoken to; it was more about what I had to say than what God was saying to me. But after I discovered His love for me, His Word came alive in me, and every single syllable caught my attention!
  Like keys on a piano, each and every part of every sentence was another kiss to my ear; and His Word went from something that I could just read, into something that could read me, and I loved it! And, do you know why I loved it? Because it shows me that He loves me! No one can know me like He knows me; but greater than that, no one could love me, like He loves me; especially not after knowing all that He knows.
  Whether you are a new believer, or you have been a believer for many decades, we are all one in Christ; there are no differences between the Spirit that lives within us, but there are many differences in the hearts of each and every one of us; no two are alike, and everyone has had their own journey. So, to be united together as one, there is only One! Highly unlikely that makes too much of a difference...

"When the Gentiles sin, they will be destroyed, even though they never had God's written law. And the Jews, who do have God's law, will be judged by that law when they fail to obey it. For merely listening to the law doesn't make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight. Even Gentiles, who do not have God's written law, show that they know his law when they instinctively obey it, even without having heard it. They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right. And this is the message I proclaim -that the day is coming when God, through Christ Jesus, will judge everyone's secret life." (Romans 2:12-16) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment