Thursday, May 28, 2020

"Understood"

"Kiss me, and kiss me again," (S.O.S. 1:2a) NLT

  Yes, it is a real thing, this special kind of love; and He keeps proving it over and over again! As much as I would like to say I understand it, as soon as I think that I do, I get somehow bewildered and confused by my transgressions. How could He love me? is the thought that enters into my mind, as I am overcome by how unfaithful I can sometimes be.
  I used this translation because I think it best describes where many of us find ourselves, as we are continually looking for God to show up again; almost as if we might doubt that we have crossed the line, and He might not feel the same way He once felt for us. We must know that kind of thinking is of the devil, because God's love is not like our love; He does not change His love for us based upon the things that we do, or don't do.
  The things that we do are what make us feel or not feel His love, not that His love has changed, but that we might not feel loved because our guilt makes us feel ashamed to be loved. You could relate it to the way two magnets work, if you have ever played with two magnets side by side; one side is attracted to the one side of the other, while the other side will force the other magnet away. God's love would be like a large magnet that does not turn; He is always wanting to attract us to Himself; yet it is we that turn! When we turn one way, as hard as we might try, we cannot attract close enough to get connected; but when we turn the other way, we instantly are attracted and connected, just like that!
  If you are looking for an easy answer to this understanding; there is no easier answer than the one right in front of our face: This is a very simple acknowledgment of something that we know we need to experience, time and time again! He is willing, oh so willing: More that we can ever imagine, to have fellowship with us; we just need to turn towards Him with an expectant heart. A heart that knows we do not deserve His love, but that also knows He will never stop loving us.
  That kind of love is not based upon what we might do, but is based upon us accepting the love that He offers us, with all of our hearts. If He loved us on that day, then, then He loves us, this day, now...

"But God commanded his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement." (Romans 5:8-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment