Wednesday, May 27, 2020

"Young Woman

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. Because of the savour of thy good ointments thy name is as ointment poured fourth, therefore do the virgins love thee. Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers:" (S.O.S 1:2-4a)

  So now that a let the cat out of the bag, it is a little more real to me that I might be in this way over my head! Nonetheless, I feel a strange peace about it, as if there is more to this journey then I could have ever imagined.
  When I first asked Jesus into my heart, I understood the change in me was not my own doing. Don't ask me how, because I really don't know how to explain it; all that I know, is that there was a sense of freedom I experienced, even though in reality I was still locked up in a detention facility. It was as if I was experiencing something that made being there unimportant, because now I had something great and exciting to do and look forward to: Hearing from the Lord!
  The very first thing that I accomplished doing, was to get a full version of the Bible. I remember it very well, it was a paperback version of the N.I.V. edition which featured a picture of young adults on the cover that looked as if they were enjoying sharing God's Word together. Prior to that, I only had a Gideon's New Testament Bible; the little green one that could be placed in your pocket.
  For the first three months of my incarceration I had probable gone from cover to cover at least twelve times; probably even more, because it was something I did whenever I had some idle time, which was quite a lot! After getting saved, it still was something I held onto, but I needed to read more; I needed to know everything I could about this wonderful love that God had for me.
  What was more amazing than anything else, was the fact that His word came alive; all those verses I had read over and over before, they were now making sense and connecting to my heart. It was as if there was a new and exciting message that was sitting right before me; one that gave me pleasure to read, not just for passing time, but because it was feeding my soul.
  What made it even more exciting, was the ability to share what I was reading; especially when it came to sharing about Jesus Christ; who He was, what He did for me, and why it was so vital that I make it known. The truth about Living Water became abundantly clear, as I experienced His Water flowing in and out of me; this was not something that I was making happen, this was something that I was allowing Him to do in me.
  Anywho, I am sure glad I got that off my chest. Maybe now I can see what this kiss stuff is all about...

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." (Romans 1:16-17)

No comments:

Post a Comment