Monday, May 11, 2020

"Devoted Faith"

"Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp." (Psalms 150:3)

  The second category is one that speaks of, "How, and with what expressions of joy, God is to be praised, " (verses 3-5). To talk about what it is that God has done, that is important; but to be able to express what God has done, that takes a devoted faith! What are we talking about here, this devoted faith? And, what exactly does it look like? Well, it can be a pretty deep subject, to say the least; but if you are looking for it to show up in our character, then it comes out blasting and continues on in a sweet melody that does not drop off shortly. Maybe that only makes sense to someone that is into music; but in all fairness, it is represented in how we make our beliefs clear and well known, and then we carry ourselves as if those beliefs are what motivate our lives. Yesterday Pastor Bryan was sharing on the portion of Scriptures commonly known as the Beatitudes. I tend to refer to them as the, Attitudes That Be, as in, if this is what faith might look like, then this is what your attitude will be as it comes to living in the world. Of all of those different things that make us blessed, or happy, the reason that we are that way, is because there is nothing that phases us when it comes to what it is that we believe. I wish I could say that is the case in my own life; but sadly, as crazy as this might sound, the big issues and problems that I might be faced with, are handled rather calmly; it is the little things that I let get under my skin. To that fact I am rather worried, because it doesn't matter how much I pray for strength to resist letting it happen, something stupid will cause me to react stupidly! Please, if anyone out there wants to pray for me, then there is the area I need to be prayed for, whatever it is you want to call it, it is letting little things make me upset. If that might sound a little foolish, then, I am willing to accept full responsibility for acting like a fool some times; but this much I know for a fact: when it comes to trusting God on the big ticket items, like life and death, I think that be the attitude I can handle the best! This should be the thing that makes us more than just sure of, what it is that happens next; it should be the what something, we are fixed upon, and we have settled any argument we might have had, within our head. Only then can we seriously devote our life and death issues to what we believe, because the cost has already been counted and put to rest...

"Nebuchadnezzar said to them, "Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, that you refuse to serve my gods or to worship the gold statue I have set up? I will give you one more chance to bow down and worship the statue I have made when you hear the sound of the musical instruments. But if you refuse, you will be thrown immediately into the blazing furnace. And then what god will be able to rescue you from my power?" Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn't, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up."" (Daniel 3:14-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment