Friday, May 15, 2020

"Critical Faith"

"Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals." (Psalms 150:5)

  Whatever you think of what this title might mean, it is probably not enough. Yesterday, as I was beginning my post, I typed the word "therefore" and then just sat there for several minutes wondering what it was there for; thinking to myself, why did I just type this word, and what a strange way to start this message. Then I began looking at the meanings of several of the words within the verse; and oddly enough, "stringed instruments," is where I found the word, "whereby," whereas I changed the word, "therefore." (FYI) There is something that I think God wants from us, besides us just being willing to listen to what He has to say; I think that He wants us to be different from those that are of this world; noticeably different! If you were to look up the word, "critical," you might somehow put it in the light of being some sort of critic or even judgmental; which in a sort of way, it obviously is, as we should be: as everything we do or say must be measured and analyzed within our hearts and minds, because once it is put forth, it will be measured and analyzed by the world around us! If the world around us is not being changed or turned upside-down for Christ, then maybe the volume of our faith needs to be cranked up a little bit! How critical do you think that might be? and is it enough to cause us to critic or even judge our own life? "Come out from among them, and be ye separate," is not a temporary thing we do once, just so we can slip back in and mingle. I know we are all meant to carry on with life, but our lives must be different than those around us; so much so, that people will take notice; they might even critic and judge us for the way that we are! Oh no, I don't want to be judged! Funny how that works; because one of the meanings of that word, "critical," is that of having the potential to become disastrous: disastrous for who, that is the question...

"What harmony can there be between Christ and the devil? How can a believe be a partner with an unbeliever? And what union can there be between God's temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: "I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty." Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God." (2 Corinthians 6:15 - 7:1) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment