Thursday, November 1, 2018

"The Law of the Lord"

PSALMS 119

 As with almost everything we see and know, there are laws associated with everything. Nothing that is made by God consist on its own and without His governance. Take gravity, which is something to easily test; there is a law associated with gravity known as "gravitational force." If I drop a rock and a feather from the same height, which one should I expect to hit the ground first? Yes, there is no doubt; the one with the greatest mass will be attracted to the ground much quicker. These basic laws are no different in our walk with the Lord; everything is in Him, and through Him, and for Him, so there is nothing that we can ever do without His knowledge or out of His sight. With that basic understanding, our next instruction we must give ourselves, is that of "gravitational force." Seriously, this is what it means to fear the Lord! Without Christ, I am the rock that is plunging to the ground, ready to hit the ground by the laws of attraction. In Christ, He is my Rock! He took the fall for me, and I get to glide effortlessly towards the ground, landing safely and without even causing a dent. It gets a little more interesting as we go on, but I think you get the general idea. Matthew Henry refers to this as a chest of golden rings, compared to that of golden chains; the similarity the verses have to one another are a little more random, but they all come from the same beautiful chest, and they all point towards the same beautiful Creator. More than that, they are all about "The Law of the Lord." My mother would always tell me that thing that would happen to if I played with fire, saying, "If you play with fire, you will get burnt." I learned quick enough, burnt did not always mean that the fire would burn me, it also meant that my butt would get burnt...

"So don't be misled, my dear brothers and sisters. Whatever is good and perfect comes down from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. He chose to give birth to us by giving us his true word. And we, out of all creation, became his prized possession." (James 1:16-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment