Wednesday, November 14, 2018

"Abundance of the Heart"

"With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth." (Psalms 119:13)

 If we are speaking about laws, there is another law, if we are willing to accept it, that deals with what we put into our minds. The law, or principle, if that works better for you, is commonly know as, "Garbage in, garbage out." In other words, what comes out of our mouths is closely related to what we put into our minds. In the context of all that is being said, if we practice to hide His word in our hearts and continually seek after His guidance and direction, we are bound to be putting the right things into our minds. Paul gives us this instruction in Philippians 4:8, saying we should be dwelling on all the things that are good and pure and true and worthy. In other words, we don't even waste our time thinking about those things that are not going to edify and build up the body of Christ, we only focus upon the things that do. I know all too well what this is talking about, because this is one of my issues that cause me so much pain in my heart. Here is how I see it working in my own heart. If I dwell upon an issue that is negative about someone else, I am bound to speak out about that person to someone else. It is not my intention to do that, but because the issue becomes more and more powerful in my own mind, I can't let it go unmentioned. Even though the issue might not even be real, in my mind I make it so, and it is by only sharing it that I try to find confirmation. I know what you might be thinking, you might be thinking how I have some serious issues. I am just giving you me honest evaluation of what takes place in my own heart; it might be different for you. The point of what I am saying, is that we need to stop thinking negatively about others and only think good thoughts about them. Easy to say, not that easy to do. Another way we might look at this, is to consider how we might want God to judge us, and use that principle as the way we might judge others. Do I want God to focus upon all the bad things that I might do, or do I want Him to overlook the bad, and only see the good? What did God have to say about David? Did He ever declare him a murderer and a fornicator? What God declared about David, He said, "He was a man after His own heart." We have such a loving God, who not only cares for us and watches over us, but He also does not see our sin when He looks at us, He sees His Son...

"I will tell everyone about your righteousness. All day long I will proclaim your saving power, though I am not skilled with words. I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign LORD. I will tell everyone that you alone are just. O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me." (Psalms 71:15-18) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment