Saturday, November 3, 2018

"Happy Hearts"

"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart." (Psalms 119:2)

 To put it in another light, the way can also be explained by His "testimonies." Isn't that what we hold in our hands, turning from page to page, seeking instruction, guidance, and comfort from, His Testimonies? We might not have everything figured out, but if we trust in God, believe in His word, and pray earnestly, knowing that He cares, we will surely have a happy heart. This is what I would like to call, the law of happiness. For me, happiness is something that is generated within my own heart by how I might feel; happiness and joy are not the same, because joy is something that I get to have regardless of how I might feel; joy is based upon what I know, that no matter what, I am a child of God, a son of the King, and a member of the Body of Christ. What we are talking about here is a characteristic of someone that keeps believing and trusting God, they are just plain happy! How else can I say it; you are either happy or you're not! Like that silly Sunday School song, "If Your Happy and You Know It, Clap Your Hands!" What are His testimonies? By definition, they are something that testifies or gives witness to who God is and what He might think of us, His creation. At least that is what it means in the context of what I am talking about; because it also means His law, a law which does not change, because it is a law; meaning that it is what it is, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it. My heart gets really really happy knowing how much He loves me; especially when I read the Testimony of why He loves me. That is what makes us seek Him with our whole hearts, to draw closer and closer to His love; a love that we all need so much more of in our lives. Can I love Him as I should? Can I love my brothers and sisters as I should? If He tells me I should, then there must be a way! By any means possible, Jesus is the way...

""I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me."" (John 15:1-4) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment