Sunday, November 25, 2018

"The One I Love"

"Thy testimonies also are my delight, and my counsellors." (Psalms 119:24)

  As much as I would like to say that it is so, there is always a much needed room for improvement. I could only wish that I could love God with all that is within me; as soon as I make that my passion, there is something in the road that catches my eye, and my passion changes. What I know most of all, is the God loves me! There is no way that I can't change that, it is just so. Now by knowing that, it is my delight to try and love Him back; try as I may, it is going to take every last ounce of me to do it. Maybe that is why Jesus said that we need to love God with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, because it's going to take everything that we got to love Him as we should! By the way, I remember when John Chau was getting ready to go on his missionary journey, Pastor Bryan had him come up on the stage and the whole church prayed for him. He was very sure that God was calling him to go; and after seeing what happened to him, I somehow felt the confirmation in my heart. We don't know what the Lord is getting ready to do, but we do know what He said, He said, "Watch and be ready!" I have no desire to be left behind, but if it might happen, I would only pray that something breaks in my thinking and my will to love God; because if what they say is true, then I am going to have one heck of a battle loving God during what happens next. I hear it said quite often, "If you can't love Him without the threat of dying, what makes you think you will love Him, if you are threatened with death?" Something to really think about, that's for sure. John was very passionate about his calling, and all it is going to take is for that last lost soul to hear the Gospel. By the way, again; I heard something said on the radio the other day, a pastor said, "Jesus was not in the business of saving so souls; He was in the business of saving whole bodies." At first I thought he might have made a mistake, but if you stop and think about it, we will be getting a new body. Anywho, the whole point of this vertical law, is to keep looking up...

"Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony. And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Let the message about Christ, in all its richness, fill your lives. Teach and counsel each other with all the wisdom he gives. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:14-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment