Tuesday, November 13, 2018

"Hungry Hearts"

"Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes." (Psalms 119:12)

 This verse is one that speaks to the wisdom of knowing what is best for our lives; not wisdom as the world believes, but the wisdom that comes from knowing God is for us and His ways are best for our eternity. I guess if I was going to challenge this notion, my objection would be the idea of life after death; if you don't believe in a life after death, then what is the point? Well, let me see: Do I want to feel any sense of hope in this current life? Currently, I would say my entire life is based on hope; so, you bet I am holding on with everything within me! Exactly what causes those to fall away? A lack of faith? Being overcome by sinful desires? Maybe it is the fear that they are wrong? If we stop and think about all that is good and pleasant in putting our faith in God, then anything else just does not compare; everything else is useless compared to the blessing of knowing God! You know that old song, "Take the world but give me Jesus," well that's the way I want my heart to feel, and that's the direction I want to be headed. The question of if, that is no longer something I need to ponder; and neither should anyone else! You take a look at this world, not the junk and the crime, but the whole creation; the very thought that this is something that developed from nothing on its own, is absolutely impossible! No one can ever convince me otherwise; I have never believed it, and I never will. So, if we have settled that in our hearts, then the next question is, Where do we go from here? That is what I am talking about. Face to face with our loving Creator, we have nothing else to say but what is being said in this verse...

"No pagan god is like you, O Lord. None can do what you do! All the nations you made will come and bow before you, Lord; they will praise your holy name. For you are great and perform wonderful deeds. You alone are God. Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. With all my heart I will praise you, O Lord my God. I will give glory to your name forever, for your love for me is very great. You have rescued me from the depths of death." (Psalms 86:8-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment