Saturday, November 17, 2018

"Light of Life"

"I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word." (Psalms 119:16)

  I wish to say I am sorry to anyone that might have felt I was off base these last few days, but I have been wrestling with an issue, and needed to share something that I felt God was showing me through the process. For anyone who might be listening that is dealing with the same thing, let me assure you that God will honor your commitment to do the right thing. Even though there might be some who will try to convince you that there is an easier way, if God has given you the ability and the means to do what is right, do what is right! Even if He hasn't shown you a way, His ways will never seem easy, they just turn out to be in the long run. Isn't that the point that David is putting across here? When we get right down to it, there are two basic principles that make for a happy life: To delight ourselves in the statutes of the Lord, and along the way, never forget His word; especially those words that speak of the benefits of walking in His ways! Anything else is like walking in darkness; not knowing how or why anything works, and not feeling any purpose in your life. I feel that might life has purpose; even if it requires I suffer through some discomfort, the joy in my heart will be evident and there will be light that gets revealed. Statutes are not just a law, they are customs or the manner in which we live. John puts it into another light, as he says: "For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous." (1 John 5:3) God loves me more than I love myself! The things that He tells me not to do, are not because He wants to hinder me from doing what I feel like doing, He does so because He loves me and knows what is best for my life; not just the life that I think I have, but the life that He has for me...

"My child, never forget the things I have taught you. Store my commands in your heart. If you do this, you will live many years, and your life will be satisfying." (Proverbs 3:1-2) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment