Friday, November 2, 2018

"ALEPH"

"Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD." (Psalms 119:1)

  As many of you should know by now, my life is not all that perfect; depending upon your point of view, it might appear to some to be downright pathetic. I understand why that might be assumed to be the case; but it could not be further from the truth. Although my life may not have the average relationship happening between my wife and myself, there is no lack of love felt in my heart for her; in fact, I have never felt love like this before. When you commit your life to loving someone, regardless of how they are capable of loving you back, you have tasted unconditional love. In this first section of this Psalm, David expresses the happiness experienced by those who walk in the law of the LORD. The law of the LORD might be something that none of us are capable of keeping; although there might be some who say that they have; it is the "way" by which we experience the love of God in our own hearts, no mater how incapable we are to keep it. The word above, "undefiled," is a word that means 'whole.' It also speaks of those who are without spot, without blemish; and best of all, those that are entirely in accord with truth and fact. As with the illustration I presented yesterday, according to the law of God, on my own, I can do nothing else but drop like a rock. That is the state I find myself to be without Jesus; there is simply no other way that I can explain it, because without Christ, I have no chance whatsoever! You want to talk about pathetic, that is our state without the blood of Jesus washing away our inabilities and inadequacies to walk in the 'law' of the LORD. Besides, the law also includes His mercy and grace. One thing is sure, the 'way' is more about direction than it is about manner; although manner might also mean the means...

"For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to the wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds." (Titus 2:11-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment