Wednesday, October 31, 2018

"Linked Together"

"O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 118:29)

 If there was a way to illustrate it clearly, I surely would; buy there is no way to describe the way God takes everything, both good and bad, and He somehow presses it into a perfect mold. I guess the best way that I have heard it explained would be the process of making the perfect cake. Most of all those ingredients by themselves are not very pleasant and some are even bitter; but all mixed together they form something wonderful and very tasty. Between the first verse and this last, there were several very interesting things God revealed to me about who I am and why He loves me; the most important thing of all, is that He loves me regardless! There is the thing that makes it all beautifully perfect, because it surely isn't me! I don't have what it takes to make something wonderful in me, but He does! If you look at the first verse and this verse, they are very similar, with the exception of one word; the first verse say, "because his mercy endureth for ever," while this verse says, "for his mercy endreth for ever." One speaks of anticipation while the other of authentication. In other words, we need to anticipate God is going to work all things out towards the good, because His mercy surely endures for ever; and we live out what we believe by authenticating whatever it is we are going through is God working all things out towards the good, for His mercy is still enduring for ever. No matter what things may appear, He is always right here! Thank goodness, He is always good...

"I will tell of the LORD'S unfailing love. I will praise the LORD for all he has done. I will rejoice in his great goodness to Israel, which he has granted according to his mercy and love. He said, "They are my very own people. Surely they will not betray me again." And he became their Savior. In all their suffering he also suffered, and he personally rescued them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them. He lifted them up and carried them through all the years." (Isaiah 63:7-9) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment