Friday, October 26, 2018

"His Day"

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalms 118:24)

 You probably did not realize how many famous verses were tucked away in this Psalm; besides being about Thanksgiving, it has a lot to say about God's will. At least that is what I feel God tugging on my heart about this morning; this is about God's will for our lives and what He will do in this day. More than just that, it is us taking this opportunity to thank Him beforehand. It is us saying in our hearts, 'Lord, this day is all about you, and no matter what happens today, I will rejoice and be glad to experience your goodness!' It is like that first "God's Not Dead" movie, how those two pastors kept reminding each other about how good God was, saying, "God is good all the time," and, "All the time God is good." Even when things did not go the way they expected or hoped for, God was still good and was still doing something in their midst. It really does not matter what day we are talking about, they are all His, each and every one of them! There are few ways to look at this, because all things are in Christ, so there really is nothing that we can claim for ourselves, especially when it comes to time and money. Those are the two things we seem to get govern so much of what we do or don't do; at least that is the way I see things happening. We either have enough time and not enough money, or we have enough money and not enough time. God would have us give it all up to Him, if for nothing else, that we no longer feel the pressure of trying to manage it. I have no management skills over money, absolutely none. I have never been able to save money; the more I get, the more I spend or give away. Time, on the other hand, is something I have always felt I could never get enough of; and the more time I get, the more time I waste. I always work better when I feel as though there is not enough time. We all have the same amount of time in each waking hour; none of us are privilege to more seconds in every minute God gives us in this life; money on the other hand varies from person to person. May I not be caught saying anything about this being my time, because every second of my life belongs to the Lord...

"The Nehemiah the governor, Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who were interpreting for the people said to them, "Don't mourn or weep on such a day as this! For today is a sacred day before the LORD your God." For the people had all been weeping as they listened to the words of the Law. And Nehemiah continued, "Go and celebrate with a feast of rich foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the LORD is your strength!"" (Nehemiah 8:9-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment