Wednesday, October 24, 2018

"Get In Line"

"This is the LORD'S doing; it is marvelous in our eyes." (Psalms 118:23)

 If you want to get technical about it, there is nothing that goes on without God's authority and outside of His knowledge; even the stuff that hurts! Even that which hurts His heart! If it is happening anywhere, He already knows the outcome of all our trials and circumstances; and in the end, we all win! Imagine for a moment if you were living during the crucifixion of Christ, and if you were one of those that were following Him. What would be your reaction to what was done to Him? What would you have thought about God's role in that, as you tried to go to sleep that night? I can remember the first night I tried to go to sleep, after I was forced to go home from the hospital. I was a mess! I cried myself to sleep, and after about two hours of sleep, I was back down to the hospital to check on my wife. But something changed in me that day, as I was reminded of a very popular song that was playing in my mind: "It is Well." Over and over again it played, making me realize that God was in control and that His plan for me was not for destruction, but to give me hope for a future. We might not always feel so secure, but we can always lean on the everlasting arms! If we believe in God, and if we believe that His Word is true; and if we believe that He sent His Son to die for our sins, and that Jesus rose from the grave on that third day, just as He said that He would; then we can count on God to get us through whatever it is that might be happening in our lives. When it is all over, will you be able to say that you believed He loved you? Can there be anything that hurts enough to take believing that away? There is something more than this, and it is marvelous...

"I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God's power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else -not only in this world but also in the world to come. God has put all things under the authority of Christ and has made him head over all things for the benefit of the church. And the church is his body; it is made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with himself." (Ephesians 1:19-23) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment