Sunday, October 14, 2018

"Choose The LORD!"

"The LORD is my strength and song, and is become my salvation." (Psalms 118:14)

 Having walked with the Lord for all these years, I think I know what is required of me in this very unique relationship. Not withstanding, I must believe that God loves me and that His live for me is unconditional; which pretty much means that He loves me the same today as He did yesterday, and that no matter what I do, or don't do, He will love me the same tomorrow as He does today. This is not based upon anything that I could ever do, but it is based upon Him and His love for me. Crazy, yes! I have become a fool for Christ, because I am lost in the amazing love of God! Obviously, it takes a little faith and trust to declare this kind of a relationship is real; but better than just blindly choosing that it is real, we have been given the proof; and we are more than able to test it and prove that it is real. Even with that said, if it somehow be any different, what have I to loose! Seriously, what kind of life is there to live on this messed up place called earth, without having the hope in a glorious life waiting on the other side? The whole notion of putting all of your faith in Christ, it is all based upon hope in the life that is waiting on the other side of this life; it is not to receive blessings, it is not for good health, it is not even for happiness; it is for the salvation of our souls! I hope you have come to realize that, because if you are looking for any of those other things to be the reason, you are not going to feel very satisfied in your faith. The NLT has given the second part of this verse a little more clarity, saying, "The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory." Whether you choose to accept it or not, the victory that we have been given is not based upon happiness, wealth, good health, or even in protection from prosecution; it is based upon something for more everlasting! Not one single thing we can be blessed with from this earth will we take with us; it is all going to be burnt up and tested in the fire. Only the hope of everlasting life in heaven is where real joy and peace is found; there is where our victory is realized, there is where victory is found. It surely will not be found in what I can or cannot do for the Lord; it is found in what He has done for me...

""Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other. I have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word: Every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess allegiance to me."" (Isaiah 45:22-23) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment