Saturday, October 6, 2018

"No Safer Place" -2

"The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" (Psalms 118:6)

 Imagine this as being the standard for all those that put their trust in God; it not only speaks to what we are in Christ, but it also speaks to what we are here on this earth. This life is temporary and getting shorter by the day. Besides making the determination in our hearts, we need also to accept the fate of this mortal shell; it is just a tent, a temporary shelter for our eternal soul. As far as I am concerned, this tent is here and kept moving upon this earth by God. When it is time for me to depart this earth, then this tent will no longer be kept alive, and my departure will take place. There is really not anything about death that I am afraid of, because I believe that it will result into something far better than this current life. Do you believe that too? This is what I believe David is expressing in the second part of this verse, because David believed in life after death, and he knew the life that waited was far greater than the life here on this earth. Besides that, if God is on our side, what is there to fear here on this earth? If the God that created everything that we see is for us, then everything we see is ultimately under His command. Jesus gave us such a good example of what that looks like put into practice; as He moved freely and unharmed throughout His ministry, knowing full well what His time would be and that no one could lay a hand on Him until that time should come. In the meantime, He spoke of that better place that awaited, in His Father's house. If there was some kind of message Jesus wanted to get across to His disciples, it was how He was determined to get home; that is the kind of determination I want in my heart, to make it home...

"I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us." (Philippians 3:12-14) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment