Wednesday, October 3, 2018

"Unquestionable Mercy"

"Let them now that fear the LORD say, that his mercy endureth for ever." (Psalms 118:4)

 I believe that it is not a question of how or why God will have mercy upon us, because the real question is on us; God does not need to prove anything, we are the ones that need to prove that we trust Him, no matter what things might look like and how they appear. Our God makes beauty from ashes! He takes the most ugly experience and changes into something beautiful, with just a word! The more I study and understand the Scriptures, the more I realize how little I really know and how much more of God's love I need in my life. I do not think that anyone on this earth can honestly claim to totally understand all that is written in the Holy Bible, because there is more there than just words. His word is alive and living, right now! It is real, so much more real than we can ever imagine; we just need to let Him speak into our lives. Those two words, 'Why' and 'How,' they are the words we use to question God's judgment. We ask Him, 'Why did you let this happen?' and, 'How could you allow this?' When the real questions we need to present to our loving God, is, Why do I doubt You, and how can I demonstrate that I trust you? If there is one thing that pleases God, it is His children putting their trust in Him, without question! Look at the examples He shows us in the Bible, like the one in Daniel 3:14-18. I don't know if that kind of test would shake my faith, but it doesn't get more challenging than that...

"Dear friends, don't be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad -for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world." (1 Peter 4:12-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment