Monday, October 22, 2018

"Amazing Testimony"

"I will praise thee: for thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation." (Psalms 118:21)

 Now is the time when we must get this right; not tomorrow, not after we sort out the things we don't quite understand. Tomorrow will never come for those who wait; especially if they are waiting for answers to spiritual questions. This is something that is totally between you and God, there is no other counselor to speak to, other than Jesus Christ, the Wonderful Counselor! I can remember the very first real Bible Study that I had after being born again. It was in a cafeteria setting, and the topic was about the Bridge that was built between us and the Father; that Jesus bridged the gap between sinful man and a Holy God. I remember the instructor showing us how our sins were separated from us, and how the blood of Jesus takes those sins away, never to be looked upon or judged, ever again. When we ask God to forgive us of our sins, He forgives us of our sins! That is what He does, He is in the mercy giving business! The Bible clearly shows us how merciful He is, to those that love mercy. There is the key to getting right with God: knowing that you need mercy, knowing where it is at, and asking for it to be given to you. I don't even think we need to wait until we understand what we are asking; we just need to know that we need it, and that we need it right now! To all of the brothers and sisters out there that might think that they have it, and that it no longer needs to be given; it is never a matter of whether we need God's mercy or not, it is always a matter of how much and how soon can I get it! He never runs out of mercy; and we can never get enough...

"I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power. Then I will praise God's name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving. For this will please the LORD more than sacrificing cattle, more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves. The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. For the LORD hears the cries of the needy; he does not despise his imprisoned people." (Psalms 69:29-33) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment