Friday, October 5, 2018

"No Safer Place"

"The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?" (Psalms 118:6)

 Prior to any real victory over fear of the unknown, we need to have something solid and sure that we can believe in that takes us above all that might come against us. In the verses above, we have just that; because, "If God be for us, then who can be against us?"  (Romans 8:31) We have a promise that is given to us by the Almighty God, the Creator of Heaven and earth; a promise that He will assure us victory and a place that is resting on the other side of this life, here in this world. So, what is it that might cause us to fear what man can do to us? It is so important that we establish this in our hearts! If there is one thing we need to get right, it is the fact that God is for us: that He is on our side! There is the one thing that the devil has in his toolbox that he will not give up, discouragement. For those of us that have been serving the Lord for any amount of time, we know what discouragement is, and we know how it can bring us to a place of feeling alone and hopelessly forgotten. It is in those times when we discover that the cure is not ever found in what we are looking for, because what we are looking for cannot be seen! It is found in where we place our faith: because, "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) I know what I know because God has told me so! It is pretty much that simple! "God said it, I believe it, that settles it!" If want to argue with that, it is not me you need to take up your argument with, it is God's word, that is where you should go. Take you case to the Word of God and ask Him for yourself, that He might show you what is truth. I guarantee that you will settle it in your own heart, because, His word does not return void...

""I, yes I, am the one who comforts you. So why are you afraid of mere humans, who will wither like the grass and disappear? Yet you have forgotten the LORD, your Creator, the one who stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. Will you remain in constant dread of human oppressors? Will you continue to fear the anger of your enemies? Where is their fury and anger now? It is gone! Soon all you captives will be released! Imprisonment, starvation, and death will not be your fate! For I am the LORD your God, who stirs up the sea, causing its waves to roar. My name is the LORD of Heaven's Armies. And I have put my words in your mouth and hidden you safely in my hand. I stretched out the sky like a canopy and laid the foundations of the earth. I am the one who says to Israel, 'You are my people!'"" (Isaiah 51:12-16) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment