Sunday, October 7, 2018

"Unconditionally"

"The LORD taketh my part with them that help me: therefore shall I see my desire upon them that hate me." (Psalms 118:7)

 So, if six would be the number that might represent man, and seven might represent God, then what would be seen in this? If the title above says anything at all, it says that we must trust Him not matter what! I really don't know how else to say it, other than, to not pay any mind to the threat and fear that might be brought with it, but to keep your eyes upon the Lord, knowing that He has hold of your life; regardless of how thongs might appear. I guess to better understand what I might be saying, we could look at these two verses together, but with a little different format. In the New Living Translation, these two verses are actually four sentences, as such: "The LORD is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the LORD is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me." As you can see, it shows us a little different aspect to what we might be dealing with, in any situation! If we are trusting God fully, then we must realize that everyone that comes to our aid, does not just represent God's help, they are His hands and feet. This works both ways, because those that might be part of the problem are also under His control, they just don't know it, or realize what they are doing. I guess to ultimately understand what it is that I am trying to say, we could look at the crucifixion of Jesus; at not only the actual act, but at everything leading up to that final moment of His death. Picture, if you will, what might have been going through the mind of Christ; all the way from His arrest in the garden, to His request to the Father from the cross: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." Everything that came against Him was the Father's will; that is the will He spoke about in earnest, "Not my will, but thine, be done." In this illustration of trust, even those that are against the Lord are instruments of the Father's will; which is what is shown in the fourth sentence of the Scripture quoted above: "I will look in triumph at those who hate me." The battle belongs to the LORD; good, bad, or out of control, He is fighting for you...

"What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God be for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won't he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one -for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one -for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and is sitting in the place of honor at God's right hand, pleading for us." (Romans 8:31-34) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment