Friday, April 21, 2017

"...To Everlasting Life"

"Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting." (Psalms 93:2)
So, I had a rather interesting conversation with a dear sister yesterday, someone I have known since the late 90's and who I worked with in the local Republican Party headquarters. She told me that she had a very terminal brain disorder, one that was specifically determined to be fatal in all cases. Obviously, her case is not yet determined, because she is still here running her Christian Bookstore, pretty much all be herself. She informed me that she had not died yet, which was pretty obvious, but it was the way that she said it caught my attention; it sounded so fatal, almost as if she were holding on to something that was all there was to hold on to. I instantly ensured her that she was never going to die, ever! Her body might die, but her soul will continue on for ever and ever. Here is the thing about this life, something we must always remember: this is temporary; everything we see, every single thing that is upon this earth is either dead or dying; this is a fallen world, and it is going to pass away, every single bit of it is going to be replaced. But, the glorious good news in that, is that there is another place, one that will not pass away, ever! And don't ask me how, but in some way or fashion, we are already there! I'm not so certain that we ever left, but one thing is for sure, we are all going to meet there, and it is going to seem as if we were always there. How's that? (You might wonder.) The Bible gives us many clues as to what it will be like, this verse above being one of them; combine that with 1 John 3:2, and you have the answer to what it is like to be eternal, everything is new! And when I say new, I mean that nothing grows old! No more sickness, no more death; no more sorrow, and no more pain. It's really not a question of buying into something, it's really all about being born into everlasting life; if you have the Holy Spirit in you, then you are alive and will never die; if you don't, then you are spiritually dead and going to die. Unfortunately, your death will not end at the grave, because there is another thing which must to dealt with, your soul belongs to God. One way or another, you are going to be dealing with your sins; I recommend that you deal with them now, why you are still able to have them removed. Just do it! Step on over to eternal life...
"So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. For he said to God, "I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people." He also said, "I will put my trust in him," that is, "I and the children God has given me." Because God's children are human beings -made of flesh and blood -the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying." (Hebrews 2:11-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment