Sunday, April 23, 2017

"...To God's Awesome Strength" -2

"The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their waves." (Psalms 93:3)
Now then, if you wanted to rephrase the question, let's say, 'Can I make a rock so big that I can't pick it up?' then it's something that happens all the time! God will say, "I need you to get rid of this issue or idol that's in your life," and then when I try, it seems way to heavy for me to lift it out of my life. You can try and make it something that it's not, people do it all the time. By the way, that reminds of a question I heard presented on To Every Man an Answer, I believe it was on Tuesday. The question was pretty simple, Will we see Adam and Eve in heaven? There appeared to be some confusion in the answer; something about the skins God made to cover their nakedness, or to that effect. If it was a question to their confession, they failed miserably at first, and for good reason; God had said, "In the day that you eat of the fruit, you will die!" That's pretty much enough reason to try and blame your sin on anyone else, because there was no other option but to try and make the reason anyone's fault but your own. The way I see it, the Gospel Message was presented to them both, and they believed that their sins had been forgiven; that's all that matters in God's point of view. I get a kick out of how God's mind works and how He puts things together. We might not even realize what He is doing; heck, we don't even realize what we are doing; but somehow God brings it all together in a single verse, or a single action or reaction. The clue that gives it all away is found in Genesis 3:20; and you don't even need to look up the definition, because it is explained in the same verse: "And Adan called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living." I can't imagine how long Adam had spent naming animals, maybe decades; and the first name he gave to Eve was "Woman," which he called her because "she was taken out of man." Oddly enough, Adams excuse was, "The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat." That's right, blame it on God; that will go over pretty good with the Creator of all things, NOT! Whether you can accept it or not, the skins God made for covering their nakedness was not for God's benefit, but it was for theirs. The sacrifices of old, those which were given in the Temple, were not for God's benefit, they were for the people, that they would feel as though they had been cleansed. It was a temporary cleansing, but it all pointed to the final sacrifice, Jesus! Adam and Eve were presented the Good News, and they believed God would do it. So there you go: Rock handled...
""My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the LORD. "And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts. "The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. You will live in joy and peace. The mountains and hills burst into song, and the trees of the field will clap their hands! Where once there were thorns, cypress trees will grow. Where nettles grew, myrtles will sprout up. These events will bring great honor to the LORD'S name; and they will be an everlasting sign of his power and love."" (Isaiah 55:8-13) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment