Tuesday, April 18, 2017

"Up In Arms"

"The LORD reigneth, he is clothed in majesty; the LORD is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved." (Psalms 93:1)
I just want to be teachable, that's all; let me forget about what it is that I think I understand, and let my heart be ready to know the truth. There was one small point overlooked; it's really not all that important, because everyone is guilty of sin; but the mess we have been born into was really not our fault, it was all because of Adam's sin. I see something in that which can create in us two different points of view; one that feels justified, and the other that feels totally and completely lost. I think that I can sum this up with the way I feel about my wife's D.N.R. orders. I know it might be strange to talk about, but believe me, I have put much prayer and thought into what my attitude and standing should be on this matter. I absolutely refuse to take her life, no matter what anyone might try and convince me, it's not going to happen; not after seeing the ordeal that happened with Terri, which I believe God allowed me to witness, way back when this trial first began, in order to have the stand that I have. The way I see it, my wife is either going to expire peacefully on her own, or someone is going to make a mistake in caring for her; but I will not allow anyone to take her life from her. And if she does have an incident, whatever that might be, no extraordinary procedures are ordered beyond her normal care abilities. No one is calling 911; no one is going to try and perform CPR. She is here for as long as God wants her to be here, not a moment less, or a moment more; it's all totally up to God. I basically feel the same about myself, which is why I refuse to have myself screened or checked out by a doctor. I will be here as long as God will have me to be here, because it's really all up to God. You might feel differently about how that all works, and that is totally up to you; but really it's not, it's up to God! When I first started this blog, over seven years ago, I began with two simple points of view: the first of which was about love and fear, and which one best motivates us to draw close to God; and the second was about God's perfect will, and whether or not our mistakes can change His perfect will. There were two points I used in this debate, one was Israel's request for a king, the other was Hezekiah's request for more of this life. Both of those seemed to be outside of God's perfect will; but were they? I think we sometimes put our attention on the wrong battles, way more often then we should...
"We growl like hungry bears; we moan like mournful doves. We look for justice, but it never comes. We look for rescue, but it is far away from us. For our sins are piled up before God and testify against us. Yes, we know what sinners we are. We know we have rebelled and have denied the LORD. We have turned our backs on our God. We know how unfair and oppressive we have been, carefully planning our deceitful lies. Our courts oppose the righteous, and justice is nowhere to be found. Truth stumbles in the streets, and honesty has been outlawed. Yes, truth is gone, and anyone who renounces evil is attacked. The LORD looked and was displeased to find there was no justice. He was amazed to see that no one intervened to help the oppressed. So he himself stepped in to save them with his strong arm, and his justice sustained him. He put on righteousness as his body armor and placed the helmet of salvation on his head. He clothed himself with a robe of vengeance and wrapped himself in a cloak of divine passion." (Isaiah 59:11-17) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment