Monday, April 3, 2017

"To Be Overwhelmed"

"To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night," (Psalms 92:2)
It might take a moment to make my point, but if I don't, it's just because I overslept and did not get enough reading in this morning. I was blown away yesterday watching the LPGA first Master; seeing what happened to Lexi Thompson was painful to watch; it really made me want to quit watching the game altogether. I am not blaming oversleeping on that, I was just sharing my thoughts; I overslept because the last several nights I only slept a few hours. I guess I was making up for lost sleep. This verse is actually a continuation of the first, and the next is a continuation of this one; I choose to break them up for obvious reasons, the first of which is that there is too much to say. We have been given something extraordinary, and as such, we need to express it to everyone that we know. I'm not preaching here, so don't worry; if anything, I am reminding myself of the awesome love God has poured out on me, and examining how little I get excited about it anymore. Last night I was watching the tournament in a restaurant here in the hotel, and after Lexi caught back up again after receiving a four stoke penalty from something that happened the day before, I wanted to shout out, You go Lexi! I obviously did not; there was really no one else there that seemed all the interested. But it made me stop and think about something when it comes to me expressing God's love, my experience with His awesome way of touching my life, and just the sheer blessing it is to know that whatever happens in this life, tomorrow will always be better. It was not always like this; when I first became a Christian I was so on fire, some people felt embarrassed to be around me. I guess you can say that I have adjusted over the years, making my statement more about living out God's love, more than expressing God's love with joy and enthusiasm. I try really hard to rejoice in every trial and every situation; as a matter of fact, those are the times when it seems easy to do. It's more about expressing how much I am loved; more than that, it's about letting other truly know how much it means to me, that the God who created us loves us so much. I guess that's how you might get others to become interested in what makes you so happy, you let it be known...
"A mob quickly formed against Paul and Silas, and the city officials ordered them stripped and beaten with wooden rods. They were severely beaten, and then they were thrown into the prison. The jailer was ordered to make sure they didn't escape. So the jailer put them into the inner dungeon and clamped their feet in the stocks. Around midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening. Suddenly, there was a massive earthquake, and the prison was shaken to it's foundations. All the doors immediately flew open, and the chains of every prisoner fell off! The jailer woke up to see the prison doors wide open. He assumed the prisoners he escaped, so he drew his sword to kill himself. But Paul shouted to him, "Stop! Don't kill yourself! We are all here!" The jailer called for the lights and ran to the dungeon and fell down trembling before Paul and Silas. Then he brought them out and asked, "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?"" (Acts 16:22-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment