Tuesday, April 11, 2017

"No Resistance"

"But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of a unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil." (Psalms 92:10)
If you have not figure it out by now, then maybe you've not yet seen real testing, the kind that will actually cause you to let go of everything; some might call it, Learning to drown. I feel the Lord is speaking to me about His point in the statement, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." There is a really easy way that this is understood, which when you get right down to it, it makes perfect sense. When we focus upon protecting and securing earthly treasures, especially when they might be threatened or hard to keep hold of, the battle to do so can be extremely burdensome; it can really wear us down, and might even put us in the hospital over a period of time. However, if those things are no longer what motivates you and what controls your life, then you have the ability to put your focus somewhere else, say like, on serving the Lord, or being a part of something bigger than yourself. The vision the Lord gave me was that of a sailboat, and how the wind will fill the sails to push to boat in certain directions. When we fight the Lord in where He is leading our lives, it can really seem as though we are wearing ourselves out and like there is so much resistance, we can hardly catch a break. God is so good! You have got to get that by now, because it's all a matter of the direction in which you are headed. Some of the most peaceful and most enjoyable days that I have ever experience, were days that I have just rested in the Lord; days when nothing else really mattered but just pleasing Him and wanting to draw closer and closer to His heart. That is where real peace is found, in not have worries about the things you really have no control over, and just focusing on the thing that He wants you to control, your walk with Him. It's like the Lord's statement, "No man, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." We can take that to mean that we are the ones who are plowing the trench that is before us, but in reality, the trench has already been dug, we are just cleaning it out as we go. Maybe you don't see it quite that way, but the way I see it, that's the whole point of following Jesus...
"You may be asking why I changed my plan. Do you think I make my plans carelessly? Do you think I am like people of the world who say "Yes" when they really mean "No." For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between "Yes" and "No." He is the one whom Silas, Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God's ultimate "Yes," he always does what he says. For all of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" (which means "Yes") ascends to God for his glory. It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us." (2 Corinthians 1:17-22) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment