Sunday, April 9, 2017

"Kept Coming Back" -Too

"When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever: but thou, LORD, art most high for evermore." (Psalms 92:7-8)
Attaching these verses to the previous verse, Verse 6, which was itself attached to Verses 4-5, we can begin to understand the pattern set forth in our living the normal Christian life. Maybe not all of us, but I would bet most of us, we have these little cycles that we keep finding ourselves living in. We get on fire, walking in and out of victories; then we settle into something worldly, whether it be work, or exercise, or a new hobby or project, or maybe even a new relationship; then we are taken off the path for a while, sometimes it can be a very long while. Matthew Henry gives a very interesting description for "the workers of iniquity do flourish," as he says, "The sheep that are designed for the slaughter are put into the fattest pasture." Isn't that so true? But, here is the thing that brings it all together: Jesus said, "Lo, I am with you always," and He meant it! We might think that we have walked away, or we might think that we have given up, but He never leaves us, and He never gives up on us. Sooner or later, we are in for some kind of an awakening; something that triggers the truth that is stamped upon our hearts, and we will realize that we are in the "fattest pasture." I know it seems like it might not make any sense, but the thing about living for the world, and all it has to offer, is that having it is not the only way that we are trapped by it, wanting it also can keep us trapped. Do you want to know why I have not missed a single day posting this blog? No, I am not crazy. It is because I know how my heart works; if I miss a day, then it's okay to miss another one, and so on; until one day, I don't even post at all. It's the same with sinning, as we commit to not do this or that anymore, but as soon as we do it once, it makes it okay to do it again. The way I look at it, all of you hold me accountable. If I set out to read my Bible every morning, it the same pattern; I miss one morning, then the next one is easier to miss, until one day I notice my dusty Bible just sitting there, that hasn't been read for months. Anywho, the Lord has us in His grip; whether we are outside looking in, or inside looking out, once we are His, we are His for evermore...
""My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father's hand. The Father and I are one."" (John 10:27-30) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment