Monday, April 10, 2017

"No Pressure"

"For lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered." (Psalms 92:9)
I really can't make this up; but one thing I know for sure, is that Jesus loves me! Do you get where I'm coming from? Here is the thing I believe makes true believers separate from those that pretend that they believe, is when it comes right down to it, are you going to stand or our you going to run? Simply put, if you are really committed to following Jesus, then you are not going to be persuaded not to follow Him, even if it means giving up your livelihood or even your life. Oh, you don't see it? Come on! What is the one thing that we have that they do not? Eternal Life! We do not perish! Do you see how good it is to follow Jesus Christ? Though all is swept away, we can still praise Him! If we have been given eternal life in Christ, then there is nothing on the face of this earth that can take that life away, absolutely nothing! Now we might not understand the in's and out's of why certain things happen, or why God answers some request for something and does not answer others; but if we are going to take God at His word, then we need to take Him at His word, all of it, including the parts that we don't understand or the parts that might seem uncomfortable. I know it might seem to be a little more complicated than that, but it's really not all that complicated, at all. I try very hard to pay my bills on time; I actually like paying my bills, I like that God blesses me to be able to pay them. But every once in awhile I get into a bind, and when I say a bind, I mean things get pretty ugly and out of control. When it gets to a point where I no longer have any control, it's time to let go of the wheel and stop trying to control it! All that I have is really not mine; God has blessed me with people and things which I care for, but technically, everything belongs to Him. It's like if you are a Pastor of a church, if there is something wrong and your church is going through something, it's really not your church, it's the Lord's church. You can pray for guidance, you can ask God to right the ship, but other than that, you just need to keep your eyes on Jesus and hold on. As long as it's not anything to do with you, it's God's property and He knows what He is doing with it, not you. It's pretty much the same in our personal lives, on a much smaller scale. We just need to keep our eyes on Jesus and try and enjoy the ride by praising Him and knowing that He's in control...
"We now have this light shinning in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies." (2 Corinthians 4:7-10) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment