Monday, March 6, 2017

"Can't Stop the Clock"

"Thou carriest them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which groweth up." (Psalms 90:5)
I think I figured it out: I keep waking up at 3:00 because my wife wakes me up! This time I caught her, as I pretended to still be asleep, she was making these smacking sounds with her lips; but as soon as I raised up, she stopped. I decided to give her some anti-acid, just in case she was having an issue with acid reflux. She had previously been on a Nexium regiment for about 12 years, but for some reason Medi-Cal decided she didn't need it anymore, so they cut her off. The only way we can get the type of medication she needs is with a prescription, so I have to buy the capsules and then mix their contents with a tablespoon of baby food, like applesauce. Anywho, about this verse; I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have thought about this, almost my whole life, but our lives are like rivers, just rolling on by. I remember as a child, maybe I was about eleven; I was out late for some reason, maybe it was because I had run away from home; I'm not sure, but I think I was on the roof of a local grocery store. It was really dark out that night because there really wasn't a moon, and the stars were shinning brightly. And I started to sing the song about sitting on the dock of the bay; you know, the one that says, "Watching the time roll away." Of all the things that the Lord gives us, time is the one thing that we all have in common. We might have more or less time here on this earth, but we all have the same amount of time in eternity. That can be a pretty scary thought, if your eternity is headed for hell; don't you think? I can't even imagine what that would feel like; and I don't want to even try to consider it a possibility. As for this life, each and every day seems to pass quicker the closer we get towards the grave; it's really hard to keep up with the pace, once you start the decent. With every day, hour, or minute, we all have the same amount of seconds in every minute; but those seconds seem to somehow be connected to gravity, and we cannot stop gravity from the affect to has on an object to fall to earth, nor can we stop the clock. Oh, and by the way, my wife is on a feeding tube; which some people consider to be a form of Life-Support. Funny thing is, that we all are technically on some form of Life-Support; just watch what will happen to us if we were to stop breathing or if our heart stops beating; or better yet, if the world stopped turning or the earth fell towards the sun. I'm sorry, but if not for the hand of God holding everything and everyone together; well, let's just say, Time would not matter...
"For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. As the Scriptures say, "People are like grass; their beauty is like a flower in the field. The grass withers and the flower fades. But the word of the Lord remains forever." And that word is the Good News that was preached to you." (1 Peter 1:23-25) NLT 

No comments:

Post a Comment