Thursday, March 2, 2017

"Moses' Psalm"

PSALMS 90 [A Prayer of Moses the man of God.] "LORD, thou hast been our dwelling place in all our generations." (Verse 1)
Before there was any earth for man to dwell upon, God had already established the plan of redeeming mankind. It might be hard for us to accept it, but God knows the beginning and the end, because He is the Beginning and the End. Today's title was rather easy, it's the title above this Psalm in my Bible; but, I was wondering why it was that this title did not say, Moses' Prayer, instead of Psalm. I will choose not to dwell on that any longer than I should, at least for today. Not to change the subject, but I could not help but share something I watched last night on Tucker's show. He had the man on who is a champion for getting kids back into working. Apparently, I am not the only one who was concerned when they took vocational training out of the public schools, because this guy is fired up about it. According to him, there is about fifty million vocational jobs not filled in this country; that means that there is fifty million jobs waiting to be filled, but there is not fifty million people the least bit interested in filling them. Instead, they are holding out for the more glamorous jobs, like being a CEO of a large company, or managing some sort of finance company. What ever happened to getting a job working with your hands, and then working your way up? Somehow, our newer generation of workers are not into work, they would rather go to college to try and learn how to get out of work. Do you not know that Jesus was a carpenter before He began His public ministry? Maybe not one of the more noble professions, but it is one of the jobs where you bring dead things to life. If you don't quite get that, it's okay; if you have ever made anything from wood, like furniture or a home, then you would understand the concept. Now, regarding this verse; whether it's a Psalm or a Prayer, truth be told, our current generation of youth are missing a small little element of their relationship with God. Not all, but many, do not appear to be interested in the study of God's word. I am talking about really getting a hunger for His word, hungry enough to desire it, to take it in, and to let it add meat to their bones. For some reason, it's like being hungry for the Word is not cool; kind of like that man who was on with Tucker, he commented how this current generation does not think work is cool. Cool seems like such a flippant word, as if work was something you could take or leave, like hanging out in the mall, or hanging out in church. I learned something quite a long time ago about work, if you want to be good at something, then you need to love it. If you don't love what you do, then you will never enjoy doing it and it will not be something that excites your curiosity and your passion to excel in that job. I believe the same is true about God's word; if you don't love to study His word, then it just becomes a task or a requirement, not something that makes you passionate and curious...
"So Jesus said again, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise that person at the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. I live because of the living Father who sent me; in the same way, anyone who feeds on me will live because of me. I am the true bread that came down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will not die as your ancestors did (even though they are the manna) but will live forever."" (John 6:53-58) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment