Tuesday, March 7, 2017

"The Beat Goes On"

"In the morning it flourisheth, and groweth up; in the evening it is cut down, and withereth." (Psalms 90:6)
It's really not that bad; after all, it's all going to be consumed by fire one day, so why make it such a big concern. I heard something the other day, whether or not it's true, I am not really sure; but it was said that 150 people die every second on the earth; which at first seemed like a lot, until I considered how many people that there are. As I consider death, which we all might one day face, I can't help but think of my beginning. Don't ask me why, but as soon as I start thinking of the end of my life, the childhood memories start coming into focus; almost as if it were some sort of review, or maybe a desire to rewind back to the start. What is so amazing to me is how much detail God has put into everything He created; all the way down to the most common element, there is nothing common or basic in design, even that which is only here for a very short while, like a snowflake; which could disappear as soon as it hits the ground. You can't tell me that God does not care what happens here, because life itself shouts out otherwise; even the most fragile thing that there is, is made to glorify its Creator, whether it's here for centuries or for a flash, it's glorious. Psalms 139:14 says, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." And that was spoken before the creation of telescopes or microscopes, image that! Look at all that has been discovered over the last four hundred years; deeper and deeper we look into inner and outer space. Now imagine how amazing heaven is going to be compared to this. Imagine how much more spectacular God's eternal creation compares to this temporal creation; it's going to blow our minds! As to my statement above about death; we all might not face death, not in the way we associate death with dying. I truly believe that the Rapture could happen at any time, and when it does, there will be a sort of death that will take place with all those who are taken up. Paul uses the word "caught up" to describe the Rapture of the church, but while doing so, he makes sure to mention that the dead will be caught up first, and then we which are alive will meet them in the air. Now don't get me wrong, but I think that this will require a sort of transformation; figuratively speaking, we will be putting off this mortal body as we are caught up. So technically, there will be a sort of death that will take place; and for those we leave behind, it will not have made a difference, they will mourn for us as if we had died. Basically, there is always God's view and man's; they are worlds apart...
""And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown in the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? "So don't worry about these things, saying, 'What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?' These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today."" (Matthew 6:30-34) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment