Wednesday, March 29, 2017

"God's Gifting"

"Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under foot." (Psalms 91:13)
It is pretty obvious that God is in charge, so we will press forward into something a little more hands-on, if you will pardon my boldness. I know that we all struggle from time to time with sin; it's just the basic facts of this life, a life that is tempted by desire, envy, and vanity; it seems it's hard to get through a single day without falling short in one way or another. I have to be honest, as I hope anyone else who wants to please God will be; but the simple fact of my weakness, is not that I am weak to sin, but that I am weak to cry out to God. Maybe weak is not the right word; maybe the word I am looking for is more about stubborn, or maybe even pigheaded. Yes, I think that's the word I was looking for, it fits quite nicely. Even a child could figure it out! If you don't ask for help, then how do you expect to overcome anything? You won't! I'm sorry, but it's just a fact. These are spiritual matters, and if we are going to be victorious in battle, then we need to have spiritual weapons to fight! We already have these weapons at our disposal, yet when it comes to something that appeals to our fleshly desires, we lay our weapons down! Okay, maybe that's a little too judgmental; how about, let's say, we tend to forget that we have any weapons at all; yes, that's the ticket! We literally just refuse to acknowledge that we have been given the option; and almost like it's meant to be, we ignore all that is right and godly, and we just please ourselves. That sound about right? Well stop doing it! That's all there is to it; just stop, step back, and get on your knees! Ask God to help you, and He will instantly intervene! We have every weapon already at our disposal, it's just a matter of wanting to be victorious or not; because if we really don't want to win, then the enemy is glad to accommodate our real intensions; otherwise, we can stand up and fight...
"I solemnly urge you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus, who will someday judge the living and the dead when he appears to set up his Kingdom: Preach the word of God. Be prepared, whether the time is favorable or not. Patiently correct, rebuke, and encourage your people with good teaching. For a time is coming when people will no longer listen to sound and wholesome teaching. They will follow their own desires and will look for teachers who will tell them whatever their itching ears want to hear. They will reject the truth and chase after myths. But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you. As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me -the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing." (2 Timothy 4:1-8) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment