Friday, March 24, 2017

"What Trust Makes in Us"

"Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth a noonday." (Psalms 91:5-6)
Have I told you that trust takes courage? If I failed to mention that, I am terribly sorry; but I guess I just assumed that you might have figured it out on your own. Does courage take away fear? Well, if I have to put something in words, I would say that courage overrides fear, but that the fear is still there. It might not be the best way to describe it, but it's the easiest way. Actually, the fear sharpens your senses, while the courage keeps you pushing forward; I have a vision of what that might look like, but describing what that is might take more time than I have available. But, here is a little taste: say you had two people inside you; one is the skinny scrawny you, and the other is the buff tuff you; the little you is always looking for trouble to happen, even if it's not there, while the bigger one is not all that concern; but stepping over and reaching around the little one, says, No big deal! and then keeps moving forward. I know, you don't need to say it, I am really strange! But, if you have actually been able to picture that image in your mind, then that's the image you need to see in order to know how courage works in us. Fear will always want to hide and is always looking for danger; even if it thinks it has found a safe hiding place, danger is still lurking there, or so it thinks. Courage, on the other hand, is not afraid, but will quickly analyze any situation, and determines, It's not a deal breaker! Smoke and mirrors, that's all, just smoke and mirrors! Obviously there is a little more to it than that; primarily, the fact that you are In God's Care also needs to be established first; but after you have firmly established that fact, then there you go; your hero is not only possible, He will materialize...
"But now, O Jacob, listen to the LORD who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; and you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."" (Isaiah 43:1-3) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment