Saturday, March 25, 2017

"What We Trust In"

"A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee."
(Psalms 91:7)
I think we all should understand this by now; at least those of us that take God at His word! But, just in case you might not understand, and please pardon my abruptness, but if you are saved and afraid of death, stop doubting God! I'm sorry if I offended you, or made you feel uneasy; okay, maybe I am just a little bit sorry, mostly it's because I'm sorry for you. But what it actually comes down to, is the simple fact of believing; we either believe Him or we don't; and if we don't, if we even doubt Him at all, then we need to get some faith, and we need it now! My mom use to say, "Don't put off for tomorrow what is possible today;" so true, and so relevant to the subject at hand. Don't worry about making a fool of yourself, or maybe upsetting God; because God's greatest concern is for you getting this right in your own heart. If you doubt Him, then ask Him to remove all doubt; if you lack the faith needed to get through something terrible, then ask Him for more faith. Go ahead, He won't be mad or offended by your request; He might be relieved that you finally asked Him for His help! You can't stop your flesh from decay and death; but if it's already reckoned dead, then it's no longer that much of an issue. So, if this flesh is reckoned dead, then what is left is your eternal soul; and the way I see it, nothing can harm that, but unbelief. Basically, what that means, is if you are going to worry about anything, it should be about your belief, not death! I mean, really! What in this world could ever help you or prevent your body from dying? Sure, you might gain a few years, but what is that? Seriously, what are a few more years compared to eternity in heaven? Unless you are not truly convinced; unless you have doubt in your heart; then you want to scrape out every last second from this temporary life; digging your fingers into the ground as you are lowered into the grave. If that's your reality, then you need some serious faith in the Word of God! Jesus did not lie when He said, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believeth thou this?" (John 11:25-26) It's really a pretty simple question, you either believe it or you don't; and if you do, then what in the world are you worried about? Get over your fear! False Evidence Appearing Real, that's all that fear is for anything that this world can dish out, just smoke and mirrors...
"So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call then his brothers and sisters. For he said to God, "I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters. I will praise you among your assembled people." He also said, "I will put trust in him," that is, "I and the children God has given me." Because God's children are human beings -made of flesh and blood -the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had the power of death. Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying." (Hebrews 2:11-15) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment