Friday, March 3, 2017

"Our Eternal God"

"Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God." (Psalms 90:2)
There is just something about eternity that makes it more interesting and causes us to explore every little word with an expectation of being moved. God's word is alive; and with the help of the Holy Spirit, the Living Word sparks life into our very soul. This is why we must be passionate for His word, not just because it is cool, not even because it is right, but because it is Life! Eternal Life, to be more accurate! Peter says, "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby." (1 Peter 2:2) If there is one thing that a new born baby knows, it's the need for food; after having been continually fed for the last nine months, just a few hours of nothing can feel like starving. More than that, we are new to this eternal thing, so we must grow into the position in which we have been reborn. We are totally new born babes, all the way till we actually arrive in heaven, we never stop growing and needing nutrition, "the sincere milk of the word." Once we are in heaven, God will be placing His word within us, so there will no longer be a need for a Bible; but for now, this Book is our daily bread, and if we don't eat of it, we will starve! Imagine having all the knowledge there is to know; imagine what that might be like to even process everything, and how long that might take. John makes a statement about Jesus at the end of his Gospel, saying, "And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen." That's a lot of stuff to write down about the things one person has done! However, if the One we are talking about is eternal, then I suppose John is right...
"God says, "Rebuild the road! Clear away the rocks and stones so my people can return from captivity." The high and lofty one who lives in eternity, the Holy One, says this: "I live in the high and holy place with those whose spirits are contrite and humble. I restore the crushed spirit of the humble and revive the courage of those with repentant hearts. For I will not fight against you forever; I will not always by angry. If I were, all people would pass away -all the souls I have made. I was angry, so I punished these greedy people. I withdrew from them, but they kept going on their own stubborn way. I have seen what they do, but I will heal them anyway! I will lead them. I will comfort those who mourn, bringing words of praise to their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far," says the LORD, who heals them. "But those who still reject me are like the restless sea, which is never still but continually churns up mud and dirt. There is no peace for the wicked," says my God." (Isaiah 57:14-21) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment