Thursday, March 16, 2017

"Overcomers"

"Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil." (Psalms 90:15)
Not that it makes much difference, but Moses himself was not allowed in; he could look at it, but then he died on the mountaintop. I was thinking about Adam and Eve, how their life would have been after having been booted out of the garden. Was it hard on them? Did they live their life in shame over what they had done? I seriously doubt it. No, I think they worshipped God the best way that they could, and tried to raise their children to do the same; being thankful for the life God had given them. As hard as this life might be at times, it is still what we make of it. You know what I am talking about; it's like the saying, "I complained I had no shoes, until I meet a man that had no feet." Going to sleep last night, I had a title in mind for this morning, "Just Deal With It." I figured that might seem a little to harsh, especially for those that really might feel they have been given something way beyond what they can stand or deal with; which would be like Cain's reaction to God's judgment for him killing his brother Able. You know, the reaction where he says, "My punishment is greater than I can bear." But in truth, God will never give us over to more than we can bear or withstand, as long as we are still waiting and counting on Him for protection and security. It's like that point I made earlier, 'With Him, Without Him,' what a difference there is between those two positions. Even like the "Footprints In The Sand," He never really leaves us; it is the times where we feel as though we are walking alone and cannot stand any longer, those are the times when He is carrying us; those are the times when only one set of footprints are seen in the sand. I had taken my nephew and his family up to the snow this last weekend, and the reaction of his kids over their failure to overcome the challenge of leaning how to ski and snowboard; well, let's just say that it brought shame upon their father; they literally cried, saying things like, "This is the worse day of my life!" But, even though they had not accomplished what we had in mind for them to do, they did seem to move past the suffering and anguish of being forced into something new. Really, that's all there is to overcome. People tell me all the time, 'Rich, I just don't know how you do it.' I use to say, 'Just one day at a time,' but after over thirteen years, that just seems inadequate...
""I tell you the truth, you will weep and mourn over what is going to happen to me, but the world will rejoice. You will grieve, but your grief will be turned into wonderful joy. It will be like a woman suffering the pains of labor. When the child is born, her anguish gives way to joy because she has brought a new baby into the world. So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy."" (John 16:20-22) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment