Tuesday, March 21, 2017

"The Choice is Ours"

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God ; in him will I trust." (Psalms 91:2)
If only I could be faithful to God every moment of every day, then maybe He would bless me more, then maybe He would love me more; obviously I can't, so I guess I will just settle for something a little less than more. Is that what you think? If it is, then you have missed out on something that has been there all along, just within your reach, but out of your control. Many years ago, somewhere back in the first couple of years of this new life, I had experienced something very interesting about this thing called being perfect; I discovered that I am not! It seemed that the harder I tried to be perfect, the harder it was to be perfect; and the more I hated myself for not being perfect, the less I was able to share my faith in the Lord. That is when I came to realize that the enemy of my soul is the one who was making me feel that way. Yes, that's right, it was that fallen one, the one we think has no power over our lives anymore; he was the one trying to make me out to be less than I am in Christ, all because of my own weaknesses and failures of trying to be like Christ, and always falling short. That's when I realized something amazing about the cross: Jesus didn't just die for my sins from yesterday, He died for my sins today, and the sins I will obviously commit tomorrow. I am a child of the KING! Do you know what kind of blessings and love come with that? Most children of kings are raised up to be noble and to inherit kingdoms; but we are children of the KING that owns all the Kingdoms, and created everything; even that fallen one who likes to make us feel less than we are. Now, don't get me wrong, we do not have license to sin, just because we keep on sinning; no, but we do have the privilege to ask for forgiveness, when it so happens that we sin. That might be the thing that has the fallen one so pissed off, so jealous of what we have; that we can be forgiven. We get to live by faith, but he, the fallen one, he knows the glory of God, he has already stood in the presence of Majesty! I don't care what you have done, or how many times you have done it, as long as there is still breath within you, it can all be forgiven, every little bit of it. Only Christ Jesus is perfect! He is perfect in every way; and because He is perfect, we become perfect by abiding in Him. It's really that simple; just like that woman who reached out and touched His garment. (Luke 8:43-48) She reached out and touched Him, and then He changed her, she did not change herself...
"In that day you will sing: "I will praise you, O LORD! You were angry with me, but not any more. Now you comfort me. See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory!" With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! In that wonderful day you will sing: "Thank you LORD! Praise his name! Tell the nations what he has done. Let them know how mighty he is! Sing to the LORD, for he has done wonderful things. Make known his praise around the world. Let the people of Jerusalem shout his praise with joy! For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you."" (Isaiah 12) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment