Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"The Man of God's Right Hand" -2

"Let thy hand be upon the man of thy right hand, upon the son of man whom thou madest strong for thyself." (Psalms 80:17) You see, this world just does not get it, Jesus was not just a man, He was Thee Man! He existed way before the earth was ever formed, and by Him all things ever made, were made; so isn't it fitting for Him to inherit everything, including judgment? Jesus was not a prophet, He was the fulfillment of prophesy! He was not a teacher, He is the one who taught the stars how to shine! He was not a healer, He is the Creator of life and light! This is why so many of those that in power were envious of Jesus, because they could see that He had power. Quite frankly, it pissed them off! If you stop and think about it, they should have embraced Him and looked up to Him; but they were of the opinion that He should have looked up to them, and He did not. As a matter of fact, they were not generally on His nice list, mainly because they thought they were good and they had no need for anything Jesus had to offer. Does that sound familiar? I can remember a time when I was out to sea in the Navy, and I had a friend come and ask me if I would like to join him for a Bible study. I was offended. Don't ask me why, but to this very day, that moment stands out as one the most sharpest rejections of an invitation to meet Jesus in my prior life. I remember afterwards, that I happened to stumble into the area where they were gathered. It was only about four men, all sitting in a circle, and just sharing God's word together. It would have been two years or so, and I had another chance, a chance to meet Jesus. Thank God, I did not reject Him again! Believe me when I say this, but people have no idea who Jesus is until He is in their heart. It is really not their fault, they just cannot see; they are spiritually blind and do not have a clue what you are trying to tell them. If not for the Holy Spirit opening their eyes and softening their heart, they will not and can not believe...
""You search the Scriptures because you think they give you eternal life. But the Scriptures point to me! Yet you refuse to come to me to receive this life. Your approval means nothing to me, because I know you don't have God's love within you. For I have come to you in my Father's name, and you have rejected me. Yet if others come in their own name, you gladly welcome them. No wonder you can't believe! For you gladly honor each other, but you don't care about the honor that comes from the one who alone is God. Yet it isn't I who will accuse you before the Father. Moses will accuse you! Yes, Moses, in whom you put your hopes. If you really believed Moses, you would believe me, because Moses wrote about me. But since you don't believe what he wrote, how will you believe what I say?"" (John 5:39-47) NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment