Wednesday, September 21, 2016

"Give It All To God"

"There shall no strange god be in thee; neither shalt thou worship any strange god." (Psalms 81:9) If you think you know it all, you had better check yourself very carefully, because your fooling yourself and you don't even know it. I can't begin to tell you all the crazy messed up things I have heard from people who say that they are believers. Not that I am not guilty of saying crazy things, because I'm sure that I am, I just don't know it; and if I did, I probably would not admit it, not even to myself. To be perfectly honest, most of my crazy talk comes from reading between the lines; the problem with doing that, is that you make too many assumptions and don't stick to the facts. I try to listen to "To Every Man An Answer" as much as I can, mostly because I believe Pastor Mike tries very hard to stick to the Text and not assume God is saying something that He isn't saying. Every once in a while he might stray, but if he does, it's only because it's an issue that he is passionate about. He is only a man like we are, so what do you expect. However, we need to be careful about the things that we are passionate about, because if our passion is in anything else but Christ, we could be taken off course. Much like Paul says in 1 Corinthians 2:2, "For I am determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." It's called 'Getting back to the basics,' which pretty much is the same as saying, "Get back to Square One!" There is something interesting about what Jesus said to Nicodemus about those that love darkness rather than light, and it has to do with revealing sin. I tend to think that we can make a habit of not revealing sins; which is actually a pretty stupid thing to do, because there is nothing that is hidden from God. Neither is there really anything hidden from ourselves. We know when we sin; and if we pretend that we don't, we are basically just fooling our own conscience, which really can't be fooled. And besides that, what about the Holy Spirit? Oh, you must not ever forget about Him...
"Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Holy Spirit lives in you? God will destroy anyone who destroys this temple. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple. Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world's standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise. For the wisdom of this world is foolishness to God. As the Scriptures say, "He traps the wise in the snare of their own cleverness." And again, "The LORD knows the thoughts of the wise; he knows they are worthless."" (1 Corinthians 3:16-20) NLT  

No comments:

Post a Comment